Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Never ending broken heart

A friend from the past recently described to me his "slump". He said he was tired, stressed and emotionally up and down.

He then went on to describe the sensation further as : feels like I've a never ending broken heart.

It really hurts to hear that. Because you know, there is a done-to and a do-er. At one point, we've been one of those. Receiving end, giving end. Right now, for him, it doesn't end.

I do not know of any words or consolation I can provide to him. As it was just yesterday I watched the first episode 1 of CSI Season 9. Warrick died and at the funeral, Grissom delivered the eulogy. Grissom said, the word of comfort, "I am sorry for your loss" really does not offer any consolation at all.

Yeah, I know - suffering from a broken heart does not mean the other party is dead. But it does mean that in some way, you are dead to that person. You no longer float her boat, or you no longer make her feel like spring has sprung.

Maybe it was the last thing I heard last night before I went to sleep, but I do find myself thinking, considering, if I would make a good Carrie.

Windmills Of My Mind by Sting - OST The Thomas Crown Affair

2 Comments:

Blogger MS said...

hey shine, it's been a long long time since i looked here. happy belated birthday (a real belated one hehe)

8:13 PM  
Blogger MS said...

went to your place last weekend but your mum said you were not home.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters