Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Being Outdoors

We had the annual retreat just last weekend. And the usual thing that starts my annual retreat with the same group of people from the temple, is that, I am half expecting to hear a dedicated ring tone on my mobile, be it a message or a phone call. From that one person, the dedicated ring tone was Daniel Powter's Bad Day.

Silly me. That phone is gone now. That person is gone now.

And I have thought about him often. Maybe it was bad that I do not delete any emails coz Gmail has so much storage. Sometimes when I do a search on my emails, I find his. Sometimes long, sometimes short. Sometimes corny, mostly not.

But life has been such. And I have never been brought up as a social person or an outdoor person. But this weekend trip, made it so much more interesting.

We went white water rafting. It was in small doses. We did a 6 km raft. It was brilliant! I had so much fun. For the water confidence bit, we did two exercise that included floating with the current and the next (*so exciting*) was capsize drill. Wow! I had so much fun!

I didn't take many pictures. But that experience was good for me. My sissy and I had fun. Though our boat didn't capsize or that none of us fell into the rapids. But we had a good 6 km raft and took on the mother rapid :)

It was a tiring weekend. I slept. Finally...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Counters